For those who are familiar with “Pathfinders” it conjures up images of marching, camping, curious hobbies, bugs, and bats. Enlarging their windows on the world and building a relationship with God are the dual objectives of this club ministry, which is designed for youth ages 10-15. With nearly 2 million members around the world, this Seventh-day Adventist Church-sponsored ministry accepts any youth who promises to abide by the Pathfinder Pledge and Law regardless of their church affiliation.
WHAT WE OFFER
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with honor patches given for successful completion of those specified honors.
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!
Download the 2023-2024 calendar HERE.
Beginning of year forms. These need to be completed on an annual basis. Please complete the following forms and submit no later than September 30:
Forms to be used within your club:
- Member Application Form
- Health Record
- Parental Consent Form
- Media Release
- Project of the Year Information
- School Excuse Letter
Forms to be submitted each month by the 15th:
Due on October 15:
Due on November 30:
Due on December 30:
Due on May 31:
Due on June 15:
The Pennsylvania Conference is committed to Children’s Ministries and the protection of children in all aspects of ministry in churches and schools.