In support of our mission, “Revealing Jesus, Making Disciples,” the Treasury Department provides financial and risk management services to the employees, churches and institutions of the Pennsylvania Conference. In addition to overseeing the financial operations of the Conference, the purpose of the department is to process payroll, administer employee benefits, keep accurate financial records, assist in budget planning for each department, churches, and schools, train local treasurers ad risk control officers, and maintain efficient accounts payable management. The objective of the department is to ensure that God’s holy tithes and members’ generous offerings are used prudently, carefully and appropriately.
Learn more about how you can make a difference in people’s lives through Planned Giving.
- Sunday, March 19, 8:30 am-3:30 pm, at the Blue Mountain Academy Church, 2365 Mountain Rd, Hamburg, Pa.
- Sunday, March 26, 8:15 am-1:15 pm, at the Pittsburgh Seventh-day Adventist Church, 4021 Evergreen Rd, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Sunday, April 23, 8:30 am-3:30 pm, training in Spanish (Location TBD)
Topics for this event include:
- Duties of the Treasurer
- Money Flow from Plate to the Bank
- Church Accounting Software (Jewel, LUCIS, Mid-America, others)
- The importance of Receipts
- 1099 vs W2
- Changing the Purpose of a Donation
- Caring for Your Property
- The Use of Debit Cards
- You and Adventist Risk Management
- How to Survive and Thrive an Audit
- Reporting to Your Board
- Board Minute Inclusions
- Conference Remittances
- Plus, many other important topics
Adventist Giving allows you to return your tithe and give your offerings online through your local church’s website or through our Conference’s online giving account.
AdventistGiving App Tutorial
The AdventistGiving app is an easy way to give to your local church. Watch this video to learn how to give online and support your local and Conference ministries.
Tutorial para AdventistGiving
Mire aquí el tutorial como saber descargar la aplicación de AdventistGiving, aprender como donar a través de esta herramienta y seguir siendo fiel a Dios con sus diezmos y ofrendas.
YOUR TITHE DOLLAR
Tithe is the main source of funding for the total proclamation of the gospel to all the world by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Learn how your tithe dollar is used by viewing this Tithe Usage graph.
GENERAL CONFERENCE STEWARDSHIP RESOURCES
Fifty-two short videos (2-minutes) summarizing the Tithe and Offerings Readings are available for churches to show in place of the offering appeal reading before the offering collection, followed by a personal (live) appeal and prayer.